The man I love

The man I love
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina

Search This Blog

this gal loves traveling through life...anywhere and everywhere!

Travel should have been my middle name! It's probably my incurable curiosity that allows me to enjoy wherever I am. People often ask me which is my favorite place. I usually say it's wherever I am at the moment!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's TODAY!, part deux

It took so long to connect to the WiFi at the Atlanta airport that I could only write for a couple minutes before we had to board the plane......just a little aside.....Atlanta charges for their WiFi, and as I mentioned, it takes so darn long to connect.....I connected, FREE, I might add, in about 30 seconds at the Charlotte airport. Thank you Charlotte!
But, again, I get ahead of myself....last night, because of the gorgeous view, we left our drapes open in the room.....woke up to a bit of a gray day but not foggy, thank goodness. Terry had ordered room service....so I had a leisurely time getting ready while he went downstairs to bring me probably my last Dark Cherry Mocha Breve from Starbucks for a while. Although there is a new Starbucks in Timisoara, and one in Bucharest.....with traffic the way it is, I'm sure we'll just refrain from going.....I can handle it, yes I can. Just before breakfast, he handed me a Starbucks bag with one of those new "green" to go mugs.....AND 10 envelopes! He allowed me to open the first one, an anniversary card in which he had written a poem for me! Way to make a gal cry! There are 9 more cards, one for each of the next nine days. He trusts me to open just one a day??? Yes, he can, I like to savor the fun stuff slowly too...besides, it's a little part of him I can enjoy each day. Of course, I also have those silly pictures we took last night in the photo booth!
Because we hoped to beat the rain, we started out fairly soon after breakfast for the airport - we were going to take the MARTA so had to walk just about 3 blocks. And, thank you Lord, no rain. Easy ride to the airport, met a Lutheran minister/professor on the train and our chat helped to pass time as well.....he thinks he knows my brother-in-law. Do I hear someone whistling "It's a Small World?" Shake yourself!!!
Checking in was a snap.....just patted my checked luggage and asked it to please arrive in Bucharest the same time I do! Terry and I took some time to just sit and enjoy each other before we parted....a couple dozen service personnel were arriving, and got huge applause from those in the arrival area....always brings a lump to my throat. I am the mom of 2 Marines, one of whom went to Iraq and returned safely. I know how blessed I am....many other moms aren't so fortunate. When the time came for me to go through security, we finally had to say goodbye, and I kept looking back to see Ter waving at me, until I could no longer see him. I'm gonna miss my man! Though we try, there are those times when we do have to travel without each other, and we both hate it every time! Knowing we're just where the Lord wants us makes it a little easier, only just a little, though.
Had to eat something.....you know, to take the place of the wonderful airplane meals we used to get? Just an FYI, Sbarro has a garden salad for $3.99. I did walk up and down the gate area, just to check.....and they're at least 3 bucks less than anyone else's. I'm still a cheap date, even for myself!
Boarding the plane the gate attendant looked at my violin and said, "don't think that's going to fit on the plane".....I smiled and took the yellow tag he gave me, put it in my pocket, and proceeded to carry the violin AND my carry-on bag. One little phenomenon that I've noticed on these commuter jets...as you look down the aisle to the back of the plane, it seems that the seats get smaller and narrower....but as I walked to my seat in the back, I can tell you for sure that it's not an illusion. They ARE smaller! And someone made a huge mistake with my seat assignment...I was seated behind a 10-month old darling little girl who did nothing but smile the entire trip! I actually checked my ticket to make sure I was in the right place, because my place is usually next to/in front of/beside the loudest crying baby on the plane! No joke. Of course this WAS only a 45-minute flight....there's always another chance on the flight to Munich!
Well, Lisa is somewhere in the airport....we discovered we have seats near each other so I'm glad about that.
[one hour later] Lisa and I have been sitting here talking for the last hour, but I'm thinkin' I need to post this before we board. I'm so grateful for those of you who are reading, praying and following.....you are loved. Please pray for calm babies and some sort of sleep on this flight. Thank you Terry for making this anniversary such a wonderful one, even though I'm leaving you alone for most of it. I love you

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for a wonderful, safe, enjoyable, fun, and holy-spirit filled trip. I love you! (what was the name of the Lutheran minister?)

    love, your sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to wake up this morning and see a new set of words on the blog. All's great back on the mountain. Prayer is rising !!! tjw

    ReplyDelete