The man I love

The man I love
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina

Search This Blog

this gal loves traveling through life...anywhere and everywhere!

Travel should have been my middle name! It's probably my incurable curiosity that allows me to enjoy wherever I am. People often ask me which is my favorite place. I usually say it's wherever I am at the moment!

Monday, April 26, 2010

start packing...

Wow...yesterday we drove back from Nashville....had the most incredible time staying at our friends' house. Troy and Rhonda Madge have been friends since 3 summers ago when I met them on a missions trip to Ukraine. This weekend happened to be prom weekend for their daughter, and it sure was fun getting in on the excitement...nails, makeup, hair, gorgeous dress, and I think the rain stopped enough for Taylor to get in and out of the place without getting wet! Anyway, Troy and Rhonda know Beni Lup and also want to take a trip to Romania with me...Rhonda is anxious to go very soon...Troy has a trip to Ukraine this summer so maybe his Romanian trip will have to be delayed a bit. I write about them because Troy is going to be heading up a group of guys who will travel to Romania to build a house for Carla Preda, Beni and Eugenia's partner in their ministry! Carla is in need of a new and bigger place to live, and Troy's heart was touched by her story. Stay tuned because I'll let everyone know when that trip is as well...we'll be in need of guys who want to help. Troy also "loaned" me 5 months' worth of MAX because Beni and Eugenia have noticed they're feeling much better since they've been taking this awesome supplement, so I'll bring these 5 boxes this time, and whoever goes on the next trip can bring some more, and by then my next shipment will have arrived. On our way home, we went to my cousin's house for a shower for her nephew's fiancee....ended up staying into the early evening, so I did absolutely nothing in preparation for the trip. Ok, we did bring up suitcases from the basement!
Today seemed the best day to buy all the little travel-sized toiletries and as an early anniversary gift (our 11th is May 1, my travel day) Terry bought me a new camera! It has more "bells and whistles" than my little pocket point and shoot camera, and we've waited a long time before doing this.....so now I've got 4 days to figure out how to use it!!! On the way home, we took a wrong turn (still learning our way around) and ended up in a charming little town with a neat main street that had some cute shops. So, we took our walk there and thoroughly enjoyed it! I love those little serendipities!
So many of you have indicated either in person, or by email/phone that you'll be praying for me and I hope you know how much I really appreciate that. There have been other times when I have requested lots of prayer, and it is very evident when you do pray. God answers prayer, I know that, and I can't do a thing without total dependence on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment