The man I love

The man I love
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina

Search This Blog

this gal loves traveling through life...anywhere and everywhere!

Travel should have been my middle name! It's probably my incurable curiosity that allows me to enjoy wherever I am. People often ask me which is my favorite place. I usually say it's wherever I am at the moment!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

countdown to romania

Wow, time is moving so swiftly I can't keep up with myself....today was spent trying on a lot of clothes...figuring out which things I need to bring for proper Romanian parliament wear, and which things I can "mix & match" for playing in the churches and other meetings....think I'm going to take the bigger suitcase! I've been putting things in a pile that I wanted to be sure to take, but now it's really time to begin packing....today for the first time I guess I had time to actually feel the excitement....I'm this way with all my trips. I wait as long as I can before getting excited....don't know why I do that, but I just do. I'm thinking this is the part where I should be getting nervous that I'll forget something, or not get everything finished before I leave, but I've got such a wonderful hubby who has taken most of the other responsibilities off my shoulders and pitched in to help around the house even more than he usually does. The only thing he's worried about is.....yep, killing my plants! He wants complete lists, diagrams, with pictures even, of what needs to be done. Well, he'll probably get a list! With all the rain we got today, he can probably coast for a while, though. We got a deluge, and it was really neat blowing across the valleys and mountains off our deck. God has given us a constantly changing panoramic view and we really do savor it. With all the rain we've had lately, everything looks so lush and green.....I am ever amazed at all the different colors of green that God has in his paintbox!

Found out yesterday that Terry has been invited to play in the Montreaux Jazz Festival in Switzerland this June and July!!!
Wow! I am so thrilled for him I can hardly stand it! He will sit "jazz chair" and enjoy seeing a bunch of the guys he used to play with when we lived in Wisconsin and here's the best part...the trip is entirely paid for! The money has been raised by the band in Wisconsin, and while in Europe, the guys will be staying in the homes of Rotarians.....the band will give ticketed concerts in London, Paris, and Montreaux....all the monies being raised by Rotary International to help eradicate polio around the world. What an honor for my hubby and I'm soooo proud of him. He has mentioned something about me joining him.....possibly in Paris, which is where we got married 11 years ago this May 1, so that would make it extra-special for me.

But, back to packing...are you a roller or a folder?

No comments:

Post a Comment