The man I love

The man I love
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina

Search This Blog

this gal loves traveling through life...anywhere and everywhere!

Travel should have been my middle name! It's probably my incurable curiosity that allows me to enjoy wherever I am. People often ask me which is my favorite place. I usually say it's wherever I am at the moment!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

ATL-MIA

Checked one bag...ouch, I know...last time I checked a bag was 2 years ago on the way to Greece... didn't see our bags for 6 days, the exact length of that portion of our trip! So the last evening when we received the bags, I figured I should just change outfits 6 times to show everyone what I would have worn if we had had our luggage!
Everything went smoothly again...thanks for your prayers. I feel lonely for Terry already and hope he finds lots to do while I'm gone. Sometimes I ask friends if they'll call or invite him to lunch or dinner while I'm gone...this time I didn't do that. He does have weekend gigs in Nashville to keep him out of a bit of trouble, but if you're reading this and live in Canton, you really should give him a call or invitation! Or invite yourselves over to Lake Arrowhead. Tonight there's a parade and fireworks, and I'm not sure what else will be going on over the weekend and on Monday, the 4th. But I do worry about a man who thinks that 2 tablespoons full of peanut butter is a balanced meal! 10 days of that may find him dropping a few pounds, and then I'll really be jealous!

Just sitting here at the gate with everyone else in various stages of the waiting process... reading, conversing, listening to whatever on their ipods, eating, or just plain looking bored. Some of these people have perfected that one! No afternoon storms thus far, and the indication is that the planes are on time. (don't they always say that to lull us into a false sense of security???)
This was by far the most peaceful leaving I've done...(minus the visa stress of yesterday)...the packing was finished days ago, with little last minute changes, and we had a leisurely lunch before figuring we'd just go. Guess it was a good thing, though, because going through the heart of Atlanta there was a ton of traffic, though we never could figure out the holdup. Uneventful rest of the drive. Terry parked so he could help me get my bags in...you know how he never lets me carry anything at all. We have walked through airports with him carrying 4 big bags and me carrying my little handbag! I always feel like the princess...and of course he's my prince, for whom I am forever grateful.

I am really excited to be returning to one of my favorite countries (well, I've yet to find an UN-favorite one!), and to be digging in, getting ready to do some work to further the kingdom. I am appreciative of your prayers...many comments on facebook. Thank you. More tomorrow, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment